Twitter is a wonderful tool for networking and promoting your business.
One of the most successful ways that you can begin to build a bond with other Twitter users is to Re-Tweet (RT) their Tweets. Being helpful to others is a large part of social networking and re-tweeting is seen as being helpful.
Here are some tips on re-tweeting:
1. Only re-tweet when the the tweet is genuinely something that you found interesting.
2. Only re-tweet if you believe that many of your followers will enjoy reading it.
3. Do not re-tweet too often at once. You may well see 5 or 6 tweets worthy of re-tweeting within a short period of time. If so use a tool such as MarketMeTweet, Tweetdeck or Hootsuite to schedule the re-tweets over a period of time. You don’t want your followers overloaded at once.
4. Always thank people that re-tweet your tweets.
5. Use the re-tweet buttons on Twitter or your Twitter application so that you don’t have to copy or write out the Tweet yourself.
As you re-tweet over the weeks and months ahead you will notice how people appreciate this and you will find that more people will follow you
The Entrepreneur Club
How have you benefited from re-tweeting? Please leave your comments below.